Loading some great jobs for you...
This Physician Assistant will work closely with the supervising physician and:
* Participate in patient assessments;
* Educate patients and families about treatment options and obtain consent;
* Track, interpret and communicate test results to the physician to keep physician and the patient on the same page ;
* Share inpatient care duties with the medical oncologist; H&Ps, rounds;
* Assist physician to complete comprehensive treatment plans;
* Monitor the progress of follow-up patients in clinic;
* Assists physician with procedures, i.e. intrathecal chemo, lumbar punctures, bone marrow biopsies, etc., and
* Obtain H&Ps on new patient consults for physician
The presence of a Physician Assistant will streamline the physician s schedule. By rounding on patients in the hospital, the PA will help the physician maintain a full schedule of office visits. The PA s own clinic schedule should average 15-17 follow-up patients. This attention to follow-up patients gives the physicians more time to see NEW patients and talk to them about their diagnosis, prognoses and treatment plans. The PA can see all patients one week after chemotherapy to assess side effects and symptoms.
The PA schedule will maintain availability for prompt appointments, i.e. if a patient calls with treatment-related difficulties, the patient can be added same day.