Systems Engineer, Usability
* GE Healthcare
* Posted 1/2/2019 8:53:46 PM
* Job Function: Engineering/Technology
* Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
Systems Engineer, Usability role has a focus on Interaction Design, and responsibilities to drive the user experience strategy for the next-generation CT features. The candidate will work in a cross-functional and global team with users and stakeholders and will contribute to the effective documentation and communication of design - via user analysis, workflows, wireframes & validation testing, leveraging User Experience principles and human factors engineering.
* Collaboratively lead user research, concept testing, and usability testing by utilizing various methodologies, and a variety of user research methods to develop an understanding of user needs.
* Conduct design validation sessions with users and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user and business needs, technical constraints
* Use storyboards/narrative/wireframes/prototypes of varying fidelity to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, and workflows.
* Interface with UI implementation teams to ensure correct realization of UI prototypes
* Synthesize stakeholder and user feedback to determine how a design should be evolved and refined to better meet user, customer and business needs
* Work with design teams to lead formative usability studies including developing study plans, scripts and reports during new product development.
* Ensure product safety and quality by conducting summative usability studies.
* Develop project plans, facilitate the discovery phase of projects. Report on project status, issues, and UX risks. Identify and mitigate risks on projects.
* Work in an Agile development environment with new product development core teams to lead usability design and own usability-related program deliverables (Use analysis report, critical task analysis, etc).
* Engage with internal and external usability experts & capture cross-industry best practices.
* Bachelor's Degree with 2 years relevant work experience in Engineering or Life Sciences: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a usability role (research, visual, or interaction design), executing complex web or mobile projects
* Strong understanding of Agile development methodology.
* Proven experience with Axure, Balsamiq, or other similar rapid prototyping tools.
* Experience in HTML5 and Java/Java Swing technology.
* Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
* Strong Facilitation skills, leading in-person and remote teams in co-creation sessions, creating wireframes, workflows and prototypes.
* Effective communication skills - ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
* Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
* Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
* Experience in a medical/clinical software development environment
* Experience expressing UX and design concepts to members of cross functional and global teams
* Experience with Linux Operating System
* Has a portfolio demonstrating successful examples of conceptual designs, prototypes, and final visual assets used in commercialized products.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
target=\"_blank\">Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, server, system specialist, system technician, technician