Ownership of all CNC machining improvements within component machining cell. Reduce program cycle times & improve tooling, set-ups, & changeovers to increase output from cell.
Interface with Manufacturing Process Engineers & other departments to identify, root cause, & eliminate defects impacting first pass yield.
Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, partner with hourly operators to eliminate safety concerns, reduce cycle time, and improve yield.
Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
Provide leadership in the development & improvement of internal engineering & manufacturing documentation such as work instructions or product routers.
Communicate program & tooling changes broadly across all 3 production shifts to ensure hourly associates are aware of all changes.
Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and passing information to other technicians.
Comply with EHS regulations and policies. Eliminate safety and ergonomic risks.
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot machined component defects, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret conventional engineering drawings & written technical information.
5. Strong GD&T skills & knowledge of standard machine shop practices.
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
1. Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. 3-5 years of CNC programming &/or operating experience
Associated topics: automated, cnc machine, composite laminator, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, machine operator