The Shipping Clerk is responsible for shipping orders accurately and timely. Activities to include assigning associates PIT equipment, assignment of picking tasks and ensuring load order completion. Follows standard work and established procedures for warehouse activities.Essential Job Duties
Scope of Responsibility
- Ensures orders are picked, loaded and shipped on time by customer requested ship dates from the Oracle shipping workbench and order log.
- Assigns proper equipment to associates to achieve highest daily productivity
- Assigns tasks in Oracle and warehouse management system and ensures completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepares Bills of lading and proper shipping documents to specific customer and company specifications.
- Ensures associates and outside vendors follow GMP, safety, food safety and site specific policies
- Audits paperwork for completion and load audit sheets for accurate loading of orders.
- Communicate and schedule deliveries and shipments to 3rd party warehouses.
- Partners with internal and external customers to ensure on-time delivery and communicates issues that arise.
- Assist in scheduling inbound and outbound delivery appointments through Oracle, email and phone.
- Prioritize inbound unloading to minimize shortages on orders and achieve Fill rate goals.
- Support and lead achievement of department KPI s
- Use Pro Track software to monitor productivity and adjust assigned tasks.
- Ensures trips are dispatched on departure and proper filing of paperwork.
- Responsible for daily filing and storage of paperwork to meet company and external customer policies.
- Assists Material handlers and inventory teams by counting, researching and solving inventory discrepancies
- May perform other duties as assigned or required
Work to be performed with little supervision. No supervisory responsibility but may lead in assigning work tasks.Knowledgeand Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate/interact with all levels of employees and external customer s in a professional manner.
- Must be able to use Oracle or similar Warehouse management system.
High School diploma or GED equivalent: 1 years related experience as material handler or Oracle Warehouse Management System.
Associated topics: associate, dock c, fulfillment, handler, logistics, material handler, palletizer, stocker, warehouse, warehouse engineer